Media outlets around the country were in a frenzy this week as the news broke about the “secret” lap band surgery of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. While the Governor dismisses the attention and says “My weight is no one else’s business,” the incredible reaction from media and those focused on his public image clearly prove otherwise.
There are some stunning statistics that speak to the fact that most employers are not prepared to handle a disaster.
As an employee benefit firm, we are overcoming cost issues through a sophisticated system of data analysis. But, as an employer, it’s important to look at your current Human Resource Information System (HRIS) or you’ll be sure to be run over by the reporting provisions of Healthcare Reform.
“I’ll just work out more and I’ll lose the weight I’ve put on.”How many times have you said that or heard a friend say it? As a Personal Trainer, Yoga Instructor and Fitness Business Owner, I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had a client or friend say those exact words to me. Here’s the thing…it won’t work. About 80% of the success you achieve with any exercise program is based on what you’re eating. Yes, that’s right…80%...maybe even more. Does that mean “diet” is the weigh-loss solution and you don’t have to exercise? NO! Those who lose weight and keep it off combine exercise and healthy eating to achieve and more importantly, maintain their goals. This...
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation recently published a report from key health care stakeholders on what their suggestions are to control costs and improve quality.
About This Blog
The Wilson Agency provides employee benefit advisory services to Alaska companies.
- Working Benefits (61)
- Your Weight Is Everyone’s Business | Comments
- Disasters Happen – Are Your Employees Prepared? | Comments
- Healthcare Reform is a Data Hog | Comments
- Why exercise alone won’t get you to your weight-loss goal | Comments
- The Best Cost Reduction Solution in Healthcare | Comments
- Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing | Comments
- Cost Management | Comments
- New Health Care Reform News: Eligibility Waiting Periods | Comments
- Three Ways to Make Health Insurance Strategic | Comments
- Let Food Be Thy Medicine ~ Hippocrates | Comments