This event occurs daily, every 1 day(s).
Do you know an Unsung Hero?
In honor of the outstanding achievements of Unsung Heros in the African American communiyt, Ford Motor Co. is launching a search for the Unsung Heros of Anchorage.
Honorees will be recognized at a special reception and program held April 30, 2014 at the Dena'ina Center.
To be considered for an award, nominees should be outstanding, distinctive and dedicated living individuals or organizations performing exceptional and impactful work. Their noteworthy accomplishments should provide positive outcomes in their community and beyond.
Community: An individual whose deeds have benefited the lives of others in the community.
Education: An individual who works or volunteers in an educational setting for the benefit of others, including teachers, students, parents of students, and the public.
Military: An individual demonstrating dedication and commitment to our country through past or present military service.
Youth: Young people (ages 17 & under) who have demonstrated an exemplary commitment to their school, neighborhood or community.
Organization: A non-profit organization whose work positively impacts many lives in the community it serves.
All nominations must be completed and postmarked or received by email no later than March 31, 2014 to be considered. Recipients will be notified by April 11, 2014.
· Submit the name and address, along with telephone number of both your nominee and yourself as the nominator
· Submit a headshot photo of the nominee in a high resolution JPEG format
· Indicate which category for which you are submitting a nomination
· Write a brief (500 words or less) compelling summary describing what distinguishes your nominee as an individual and/or organization including information that highlights how the nominee’s actions benefits the live of others
· Recipients must be present at the program on April 30 (Military personnel on active deployment may appoint a representative)
MAIL NOMINATIONS TO: Ford Motor Company World Headquarters
ATTENTION: Cherise Steward, One American Rd. – 212, Dearborn, MI 48126
Ford Fund in partnership with NAACP ACT-50
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.